My bed feels amazing.
I don’t want to get out of if.
This is perfect
The planet Earth, photographed on this day in 1969 during the Apollo 11 mission. Seen clearly are Africa and parts of Asia and Europe.
On July 16, 1969, Apollo 11 blazed its way toward the Moon — and into legend.
Attention conspiracy theory loving idiots - all this really happened.
As historians say, “True dat.”
So do moon landing “truthers” think the rocket launched and just went somewhere else, or that the launch didn’t happen at all?
I’ve never heard of a moon landing hoaxer who actually disputes that real rockets were launched from Cape Canaveral over the course of the Apollo program. Some think the rockets were unmanned. Others say the astronauts were merely in orbit for the duration of the missions. My favorite bit of moon hoax lore is that Apollo astronauts were actually spotted drinking and carousing in Las Vegas casinos while they were supposed to be on the Moon. I suppose they were on a break from working with Stanley Kubrick over at the Area 51 soundstage. Unfortunately, I can’t remember where I read that bit of colorful hogwash; I try not to spend too much time going down that rabbit hole. Wikipedia has a pretty good rundown of the basic conspiracy theories.
So my Chemistry teacher has an Asian grading scale…
- A - Average
- B - Below Average
- C - Can’t eat dinner
- D - Don’t come home
- F - Find a new family
Hipsterfood highlighted the fragrant fennel in this veganized homage to fettucine alfredo.
Fennel & black pepper cream sauce
- Chop the fennel bulb into a small dice.
- Put a tablespoon of coconut oil into a large sauté pan on high heat. Toss in the fennel and let it sear for a minute, then turn the heat to medium-low. Squeeze in about a tablespoon of the grapefruit and let the fennel brown & cook down for about five minutes, stirring every so often so that it doesn’t burn.
- Remove about 1/3 of the cooked fennel and set aside. Pour the coconut milk into the pan with the fennel, stirring to remove any coconut clumps, then also add in 3 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 heaping tablespoon cornmeal, a pinch of fine salt, and about 2 teaspoons of freshly cracked pepper.
- Stir everything together, turn the heat to as low as possible, and let it heat until everything else is ready, stirring occasionally. If it isn’t thickening up, add in cornmeal 1 teaspoon at a time until it thickens into a cream sauce.
- Cook the lentils until tender, about 10 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Strain and pour into a mixing bowl with the reserved cooked fennel, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, two heaping pinches minced fresh fennel leaves, 5 tablespoons cornmeal, and salt and pepper.
- Using a potato masher, mash everything together until the lentils are broken down and everything is combined. Form them into golf ball-sized pieces. Keep adding in corn meal, one teaspoon at a time, if they’re not sticking together.
- Heat a pan with a tablespoon of coconut oil, letting it get very hot. Add in a few meatballs at a time, turning them as they brown on each side. Let them cook until all crispy on the outside.
Cook the linguine until tender, then serve with the sauce and meatballs. Enjoy!
i don’t make comments on first dates when people eat meat because that’s just not my style
i wait until u really like me so i can ambush you with hatred and “how can you’s” and “wow you’re gross”
If I were vegetarian and did the whole, “I don’t care if a person eats animals or not” game, then what would I be vegetarian for? Amirite?
Topanga Cabin Photographed by Ye Rin Mok
Can’t remember if I already reblogged this or not
"If something burns your soul with purpose and desire, it’s your duty to be reduced to ashes by it. Any other form of existence will be yet another dull book in the library of life."
- Charles Bukowski
Continuously teaching us all how to live well, honestly
My grandparents were talking about my photo from the racked.com article said I looked like an Italian film star and Vogue model 😂
just kidding. excited to have these, though
The President is answering your questions tomorrow, and it will be awesome. Tune in Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET on whitehouse.tumblr.com.
You know, if you’re hip to all these things.
Just witnessed a man throw a bag of chips out his car window.